Wouldn’t it be great to be able to make international calls for the price of a regular phone call? Thanks to the BT SmartTalk app, this concept became reality. As the name of the app suggests, this is essentially a VoIP app designed to help you reduce the cost of the phone bill significantly.
The BT Group is the number one communication service provider in the UK, a feat the company managed to achieve thanks to the quality packages they provided British customers over the years. Among the corporation’s most appreciated communication packages you can count broadband, networked IT services, mobile and TV products and of course, the fixed-line services. This is most likely the reason why the BT Group was selected as the official communication service partner for the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
While the BT Group is mostly known in the United Kingdom, it is necessary to mention that they provide top notch communication services in more than 170 countries worldwide. In fact, the company is the main provider for major multinational corporations, such as Unilever, Deutsche Post DHL, Fiat, Pepsico, Thomson Reuters and Microsoft.
BT SmartTalk’s display is clean, intuitive and easy to use, regardless of your experience with this type of services. Once you are done with the sign up and selected the desired plan you will be glad to learn that the app does not require further setup for the dialing preferences. Whenever you need to make a call via Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G, you tap on the menu and dial the number.
A quick look at its main features
- Thanks to the wireless BT SmartTalk, Wi-Fi and mobile 3G/4G connection, the app can be used anytime and anywhere
- The application can be accessed via 5 smartphones simultaneously
- Because BT SmartTalk is able to automatically sync with your contact list, making calls is even simpler
- Customers utilizing the application can reduce the costs of calling those expensive numbers, namely the ones starting with the 08 digits
- BT SmartTalk does not integrate any mobile credit such as the notorious Pay-As-You-Go credit
- The app helps you reduce the costs of international calls via one of the BT service plans
- Users can select between inclusive calls or discounted calls to 36 and respectively 236 international destinations
- Clients who decide to start using the BT SmartTalk app will be happy to learn that the company will help them inform their current land-line provider about the switch
- In addition, they take all the necessary legal procedures to ensure a smooth transition in a maximum of 11 days and without you having to change your current number
- The application comes with a bundle of useful features, including options to protect your privacy, avert unwanted calls, voice machine, etc
- The app is compatible with Android 2.1 or newer
As you probably figured out by now, the app is designed to help customers in BT’s network make cost-effective calls, both national and international. It is necessary to mention the fact that cheaper calls in this case refers to a reduced price, similar to the one you usually pay when utilizing the landline. Nonetheless, the fee applies for calls made outside the BT plan you selected. Given these facts, it is easy to understand how a company, big and small, can use the BT SmartTalk to cut down the cost of their monthly phone bill.
It is important to note that after you download the app, you will have to complete a sign-up process in order to be able to utilize BT SmartTalk. In addition, while the app accepts up to 5 users per household, take note that each of them have to register on BT Group’s site with an unique account. Nonetheless, once this step is complete, all 5 users can talk on the phone via the VoIP service simultaneously.
In spite of the numerous advantages such an app brings to the picture, there is also a minor setback worth mentioning. To be more precise, the app does not include its own broadband and hence, the quality of your calls will mostly depend on the strength of the Wi-Fi, 3G or mobile data connection. On a side note, the app integrates a feature in the Help section that permits you to test and evaluate the strength and quality of your mobile data connection.
In a nutshell
If you are looking for an effective way to reduce the cost of your phone bill, then BT SmartTalk is definitely the VoIP app worth checking out!