Granted, irrespective of whether you choose a taxi, public transportation or a private car service, their main role is to bring you to your desired destination. Even though all three means of transportation will fulfill this role, the main difference is how you will get there. While a cab and public transportation present several uncertainties, with car rental services things are completely different in terms of reliability and comfort. Speaking of comfort, wouldn’t it be nice to be able to book a car directly from your mobile? Thanks to GroundLink now you can rent any car, anytime and anywhere.
The developer of this useful app is GroundLink, a next generation car service that aims to change the car rental industry. Taking advantage of the latest technological advancements and boasting extensive knowledge in the car rental niche, the company provides reliable ground transportation for business and private travelers in the United States and another 110 countries. Adepts of transparent practices, GroundLink has implemented a fully automated process to allow customers to check out every little detail they’re interested in.
The interface of the app is essentially a big map of your current area. Once you created an account and accessed the app, you will immediately receive an update on the number of drivers available in your area. Booking a vehicle is straightforward and implies selecting the destination, driver and pickup point by tapping on the upper part of the screen. In the lower part of the interface you will notice the “ride now” and “ride later” options as well as the confirmation button for your reservation.
A quick look at its main features
- The app is available in over 5,000 cities in 110 countries, but there are many updates to come
- It is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year
- In order to access the app, you will need to create an account first
- The app can use your current location to determine where your car will pick you up
- GroundLink will always ask for permission before utilizing your location
- Scheduling a later pickup can be done by taping the “ride later” option
- Allows you to type your destination
- Easy to use, the app requires you to confirm the date, location, time and desired vehicle
- GroundLink allows you to check out the available cars and their prices
- It reminds you about the pickup date via notifications
- You can track the location of the driver while waiting for your rental car
- It also allows you to track your route and figure out an estimated arrival time
- Provides direct link to the major social networks so you can let your friends know about the progress
- If your ride doesn’t come in on time, then you will get compensation (your next ride is free)
- Upon arrival you can rate the ride and/or leave a comment
- By inviting friends to use the app you will receive several discounts for your next ride
- The receipt will usually be sent via email
Definitely a very useful feature, the “ride now” option permits you to book a car just before you reach your destination. For instance, if you’re on a plane and just remembered that you forgot to rent a car, then access GroundLink, select your desired car and rest assured, the vehicle of your choice will be waiting for you at the airport. If the flight happens to arrive early or if it is delayed, the desired automobile will still be there on time because GroundLink will track your flight and stay updated on your situation.
Some customers have complained about overbilling for the car rental services. However, as we previously mentioned all the available cars and their prices can be checked out via the application. In fact, GroundLink allows you to view all your charges before you place the order. The only exceptions to this rule are waiting time, unannounced stops and tolls.
In a nutshell
With an impressive fleet of over 3,000 dedicated cars in the United States alone, GroundLink is a reliable car rental service you won’t be disappointed with. Irrespective of whether you need a ride in the US or another country, having this app installed on your device is guaranteed to be a lifesaver.