If you are thinking of getting a new smartphone due to various reasons, we admit that purchasing one developed by a Chinese manufacturer is not exactly your first choice. We all heard the stories and some of us even witnessed first-hand the cheap replicas of known smartphones manufactured and sold in China. However, OPPO’s Find 5 is a completely different story and also very first device able to support an 1920 x 1080 screen resolution. Before we tell you more about this surprisingly good gadget, let’s learn a bit about the manufacturer.
While you can argue that any manufacturers’ attempt to go head to head against giants like Samsung or iPhone is similar to the scene when Don Quixote charges the windmills, OPPO is one ambitious brand, courageous enough to enter this battle. OPPO is a manufacturer best known in North America, Asia and Europe for their quality Blu-Ray players and other similar electronics. However, ever since their entry on the mobile market – back in 2008 – the company has managed to launch several interesting phones on the market, including the Find 5 with 5 inch display.
A quick look at its main features
- Features OGS technology, an innovation that combines the colors and display with touch sensors for a more vivid, real feeling
- Able to support 1920 x 1080 resolution
- The 5 inch screen has an impressive 441 PPI staggering rate
- The Find 5 is incredible slim and only measures 3.25 mm
- Very light, the device weighs 165 g
- Beautiful and elegant minimalistic design and a refined look
- Includes a BurstMode option that permits you to take 100 photos in 5 seconds
- Capable of an incredible 120 FPS video recording speed
- Integrates an advanced 13 megapixels camera featuring CMOS technology
- The dual LED flash allows you to take clear pictures regardless of the time of the day or location
- The camera supports HDR hardware, includes numerous filters and has 4-layer coatings
- Comes with a quad-core 1.5 GHz processor that guarantees higher speeds as well as better resource consumption of the device
- Includes a powerful graphic processor, ideal for media and games
- Find 5 integrates a revolutionary sound reproduction system, the famous Dirac HD Sound
- The available wireless networks are WiFi and DLNA
- Its space can be upgraded to 16/32 GB of internal storage
First off, it is necessary to mention that the device is not only built from top notch materials, but its overall appearance consisting of a smooth and impeccable slab of glass, metal and plastic stand out. Since we mentioned the materials, we also want to underline that even the box it is shipped in is top notch, which is more than you can say about the popular smartphone manufacturers. All in all, a clean, minimalistic design with a standard and intuitive button placement for enhanced user experience.
A further strong point of the new Find 5 is its incredible 1920 x 1080 resolution. Not only that, but OPPO has actually made sure the Find 5 comes with the highest quality panels available. While we bet any smartphone owner is excited to hear about the 1080p display, let’s not forget that the resolution is pretty standard with these devices and particularly with the latest models.
Lastly, if you decide to purchase this gadget, then you will be happy to learn that the manufacturer promised to include numerous software updates and make sure the OS works smoothly irrespective of the apps you install on the Find 5.
While it does include an incredible 13 megapixel camera and the sensor is of above average quality, unfortunately the software is missing all common features you are probably accustomed to.
The obvious major setback of this amazing smartphone resides in the fact that not many people have actually heard of the company. This is why it is hard to discuss whether OPPO and Find 5 enjoy an overall positive or negative reputation in the smartphone community.
In a nutshell
Even though it does have some issues with the software backing up the camera, let’s not forget that OPPO promised to release a lot of updates to address any problems in the near future. In addition, Find 5 also comes with a great quality build and an impressive, crystal clear display, both features that are in our opinion enough reasons to check out the device.